THE DISCOVERY WALK IS RE-OPENING ON SATURDAY 4TH JULY WITH NEW RESTRICTIONS AND GUIDELINES IN PLACE - TICKETS MUST BE BOOKED IN ADVANCE
FOR BOOKINGS PLEASE FOLLOW THIS LINK
FOR HALLOWEEN INFO PLEASE FOLLOW THIS LINK
Open Daily - BOOK ARRIVAL TIMED TICKETS BY FOLLOWING THE LINK ABOVE
Bookings are non-refundable, we will try and accommodate session changes when notified 24 hours in advance.
- The Pirate Ship & picnic area will currently remain closed.
- The Duck River will also remain closed due to the current regulations.
- Tickets must be purchased in advance, with a one hour arrival slot. Missed arrival slots may be refused entry. There are a limited number of tickets available to book each hour. No entry tickets will be sold at the gate.
- We are currently only accepting card as a method of payment. No cash will be accepted at the kiosk.
- Handwashing facilities are available and should be used upon entering and exiting the walk.
- Visitors must adhere to social distancing guidelines and remain 2 metres from other groups at all times.
- Only one group should be on a climbing frame / obstacle at any one time.
- Only one group on the fish feeding jetty at any one time.
- Please stick to the one way system in place
- The safety of our customers & staff is our main priority and anyone ignoring these rules may be asked to leave.
- Customer toilets are open and regular cleaning will be carried out, external doors will be kept open to allow for 'contactless exit' after handwashing.
Updated 03/07/20 WE
Priory Farm is set amidst stunning countryside … visit our Discovery Walk and explore it for yourself!
The family attraction appeals to visitors of all ages. There’s more now than ever before, with a surprise around every corner and far-reaching views over the Downs. (You can enjoy them while the kids are busy trying to spot the Police helicopter and air ambulance at Redhill Aerodrome in the distance.)
And when you are ready for a cuppa and a bit to eat, call in at Wendy's cabin which sells a yummy selection of food, drinks and ice cream. Wendy's is open every day, weather permitting.
The nature trails are designed especially for the youngsters, and they love them; a picture-based one suitable for younger children and a fact-gathering quiz for nature detectives up to around 12 years old (but secretly enjoyed by teens and grown-ups too). Every child gets the chance to win a £10 voucher in our monthly quiz draw.
One of the most amazing things about The Discovery Walk is the fish bell! All you do is ring the special bell and watch as the water becomes alive with hundreds of carp. Don't forget the buy some of our approved fish food.
Due to the current regulations this feature will not yet be opening as social distancing is not possible on the ship, watch this space for more info
A group of guinea fowl is called a confusion - and you'll see why when you meet our very own family of feathered friends!
After all that exercise you'll be ready for a visit to Wendy's Ice Cream Parlour, with eight flavours of ice cream for the kids and a reviving coffee for mum and dad.
Our pure-bred bantams are very pretty and enjoy living at Cluckingham Palace alongside their good friends. They roam freely in their spacious enclosure and snuggle up at night, safe and warm!
Climb into our Giant's Chair and you really are king and queen of the castle! Survey the views from your hilltop vantage point then rush off through the orchard to the wibbly wobbly bridge.
Successful Nature Detectives who complete the trail are in with a chance of winning a £10 voucher in our monthly quiz draw.
From frosty cobwebs to cheerful daffodils, summer flowers to autumn hues, The Discovery Walk is different each time you visit.
To fully enjoy the Walk, allow at least an hour for your visit, especially if little ones are looking for clues on the Nature Trail. If you would like to feed the ducks and fish, please purchase the “balanced diet” food that we sell. We regret that we can’t allow you to bring your own.
A letter from a recent visitor:
Entry to Discovery Walk £4.00 pp
Children's Nature Trail is included
Fish/Duck Food £1 per bag - our fish are on a strict controlled diet, please only use fish food available at the Farm
Duck River - Due to current restrictions this area will stay closed
Wheelchair users: free entry. Please see explanation below.
Duration: The Discovery Walk can be completed in around 30 minutes, though you may wish to linger at certain points. If you include the Children's Nature Trail, allow at least an hour.
Children aged 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
Dogs: sorry, dogs are not permitted.
Access for wheelchairs and buggies
It should be possible to push a buggy around the walk, especially the all-terrain types. There is very limited access for wheelchairs, and it will probably be necessary to stay around the main entrance area. However, to reflect this limited access, we do not charge for wheelchair users.
We take your privacy very seriously, read more...
*WE ARE OPERATING DIFFERENT OPENING HOURS. PLEASE REFER TO HOME PAGE.
Monday - Saturday 9:00 – 5:30*
Sunday - 10:30 – 4:30*
Bank Holidays 10:30 - 4:30*
Monday - Saturday 9.00 - 4.30
Sunday - 9:30 – 4:30
Bank Holidays 9:00 – 4:30
Pre-booking is essential
Sorry, no dogs permitted on The Discovery Walk or in the Farm Shop.
Closed Easter Sunday, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day
Priory Farm, Sandy Lane, South Nutfield, Redhill, Surrey RH1 4EJ